Hope you’re well/having a top week and all that jazz!
Well I’m sat here in Nike track bottoms, a vintage long sleeved USA Tee (lounging clobber) and a 25oz Indigo x Indigo Rebel Denim Jacket by the brothers @sosobrothers…WOW it’s tough, I’m working on breaking it in as and when I can. It’s a fucking beast! Bulletproof! Woah! It’s like everything else, you gotta battle through the first few months and then BOOM – perfect for life!
Anyways, enough of me and onto another denim head who is obviously a member of the @ironheartdenim army and has no doubt done his “National Service” when it comes to breaking in heavy denim. Today we chat to Keith aka @indigonaner, a warehouse manager from the Chicago ‘burbs who loves his Denim and Wings…perfect! Turns out there’s a few of us eh lads?? 🍻👍
MEET THE MAN BEHIND THE MENSWEAR
NAME: Keith Factor aka @indigonaner
LOCATION: Chicago suburbs
OCCUPATION: Warehouse manager
1. So Why Instagram?
Instagram is the only social media I use because simple and straight to the point. I can post a picture and put up a quick caption and be done in a minute.
2. Why Denim, Boots, Workwear, Ruggedness?
I have always had a passion for things that are well made and built “right”. I love the history behind so many of these brands. There is nothing better than watching something evolve and get better over time. Well used = well loved.
3. What are your thoughts on the rise in popularity of “Instafashion” and the community it is creating?
I think its amazing to be able to connect so easily with people who have the same passion. The community that it is creating has helped me meet some amazing people and learn about so many different things, even outside of fashion.
4. Top 3 brands to shop and why?
1. Freenote Cloth ~ There are so many brands out there, and so many people creating product. I have yet to meet a group of people who are so helpful and welcoming, while still being passionate about what they do, as the people behind Freenote. When I spend my money, I want it to go to people who appreciate it, and who appreciate me. The Freenote family appreciates everyone in this community, whether they have spent a dollar with them or not, that’s a rare find.
2. Red Wing ~ A company with over 100 years of history making an amazing product right here in the Midwest. Red Wing is workwear.
3. 3sixteen ~ Every season these guys release, is just better than the previous. Have you seen this season’s crosscut flannels, overshirts, and work jacket? I want it all.
5. Where’s your favourite place to shop these brands?
The only place I go to shop when home, is Mildblend Supply. There is no reason to shop anywhere else in Chicago. If you’re in Chicago, go see Luke, you wont regret it.
I also do a lot of online shopping, and my first choice is always with Lone Flag. These guys are the best of the best with a truly magnificent collection to choose from.
6. When did you decide to voice and share your love for your threads on social media?
A little over 1.5 years ago.
7. What’s the secret behind your great images; Who takes them? When are they taken? How do you capture the magic your followers enjoy so much?
The secret…no real planning at all. I wish I could say I spent more time planning and setting up photos, but I don’t, at all. I use self timers, my mom, my girlfriend, and random strangers to take pics. I’d have to say that my IG “magic” must be spontaneity.
8. What feeds do you like to follow and check in on? Who should we check out?
@sir_tadius ~ Tad has such great style and a wicked mustache to go along with it.
@shadows_of_indigo ~ Mark takes such clean photos and is always perfectly styled from head to toe.
@imaunit ~ Aun has one of the best collections of menswear out there and is so knowledgeable and humble.
9. What tips would you give new starters on Instagram to help them get there feed off the ground and successful?
Just be yourself. Find your own way and don’t try to copy anyone else.
10. And Lucky Last, You’re going to be stranded on a desert island, you can take 1 outfit (4 items) and 1 drink ONLY with you.
What would they be? Who made them? Why are you taking them?
1. Freenote Cloth double weave Avila denim. This is my go to and they can take a beating. No pair of denim has ever fit me so well.
2. 3sixteen indigo heavyweight tee. I’d want to be wearing a tee that would be substantial enough to survive, no matter what.
3. Redwing 8886 Moc Toe boots. You can always trust Redwings and this pair was comfortable right out of the box. I know they wouldn’t fail me.
4. Yellow108 Luke Fedora. I’m bald and have very pasty skin. I need to protect my head and face from sunburn!
I would love to have an endless supply of Stumptown Cold Brew Chocolate coffee. There is no better drink out there.
So, Indigo and Bananas 4 Dayz! (Never imagined having to pull that sentence out the bag)
Keith keeps it simple; fewer brands, maximum denim heaven! It’s the perfect blend man. Awesome stuff! It’s a privilege to have had you give your time to the 10@10. Stay close brother.
It’s a funny thing and please let me know if you agree but as the raw denim bug bites that’s it…YOU’RE IN! Knee deep in denim for life.
It’s simple. It’s manly. It’s an addiction. It’s a way of life.
Finding that perfect fit is a constant mission you can’t quite complete, mainly because when you do complete it there’s only a few weeks before you’re looking for something else that’s that little bit different again! It’s a cycle, a true hobby and a game that never ends.
Now, the ironic part to my rant, all this amazing shit is made to be worn daily for years and years! ONE MAN CAN ONLY WEAR SO MUCH CLOBBER AT ONCE! How the hell do we break it all in??? Don’t get me wrong, I do contend with the real struggles of life as well but “shit” I really hope my 2 boys become blue bloods when they’re older just so my wardrobe stands a chance of seeing a life worth living! It kinda bugs me as it’s the wear that attracts me to these garments. Maybe I need to bite the bullet and let most of it go but who knows?! Anybody else feeling the struggle?
Anyways, moving on. Next week we start by moving our attentions over to a true leather craftsman. Christian from @howlandhidesupply is a badass looking brother that (to cut a long story short) saw a shitty overpriced leather bag in a shop one day and told his missus “ya know what? I can do that better”…so he did. That’s how to do it people! No guts, no glory as Christian answers the 10@10 on Monday as part of our ‘The Brands…’ edition so pop on by guys & gals. It’s a good’n!
We know it’s not perfect yet as we’re still learning but the product on there is so damn good! We love independent small businesses and what they do so this is us doing our very best to support them in an overpopulated fast-fashion world where shit is made in a sweatshop and lasts 2 maybe 3 washes maximum! THE PRODUCT ON THERE IS HARD AS! I know…I use it, I wear it and I stand by it! Go check it out as all the bigger boys started where these guys are and it’s a privilege to be able to vouch for these dudes and dudettes! HERE it is again so go visit.
Have a tip-top weekend folks, stay close and see y’all next week.