Well, Good Evening...
Tonight we have the pleasure of having &SONS on our Brand Behind the Menswear Feature.
MEET THE BRAND BEHIND THE MENSWEAR
NAME: Phil James
BRAND NAME: &SONS AKA @andsonsuk
ESTABLISHED: Aug 2016
LOCATION: Cheltenham, UK
SIZE OF TEAM: 4
SPECIALITY/COMPANY FOCUS: Clothes for Pioneers - providing a layer outfit of vintage workwear
1. Straight forward, Please tell us. How did The company &SONS Start out? (For people that don’t already know)
&SONS started as a passion project, I have a day job (I own a Media Company called Shadowplay) I love clothes a struggled to find what I wanted so decided to design my own range and start a business.....
2. Tell us. What does an day in the life of yourself look like? What’s your daily work routine?
Well, no two days are the same working on &SONS, we have a great team and we all have own own tasks from sending out customer orders, speaking to stockists and suppliers, on a photoshoot to shot a new product, planning trade shows or pop ups through to an evening when we post social media posts.
3. What are your top 3 bestselling items? And why do you think this is?
Baker boy hats, waistcoats and Jeans.
4. What’s your personal favourite when it comes to the items you manufacture?
The most recent favourite has been the new Weekend Bag thats about to launch, its so tactile and robust. We have such positive feedback we can’t wait to start selling it next month (May).
5. What are your thoughts on the rise of Instagram fashion and the chaps that post their clothing on there to help spread the word of their fave brands?
Its a game changer and has such a positive effect on young brands. Tagging in their favourite clothing brand really helps promote a business and there’s a real feeling of support and sharing amongst brand followers.
6. Has it made an impact on your business at all do you think?
We launched in 2016 when Instagram was already a large part of promoting a business so we knew it would be a integral part of our plan to raise awareness of &SONS.
7. Is there any feeds on IG that you particularly like to check-in on regular. What brands are you fond of on there? What menswear feeds to you like to peruse?
8. A quick one about you. Other than the business what passions do you have in life? What flicks your switch and helps you relax?
Music, books and film to help relax and spending time with my family.
9. What do you consider to be the best thing about your business and why?
There are lots of positives but making something tangible that I love is great and seeing people wear it on the street is a real buzz.
10. And last but not least...you’re going to be stranded on a desert island and you can take 1 outfit (4 items) with you and 1 choice of drink. What would they be and Why?
Fjallraven shorts, &SONS elder top short sleeve, flip flops and my nicely worn in Boston Pitchers baseball cap.
Drink has to be a Brooklyn Cider on ice (or should i say water?).
Nope I think I'd stick with Cider Phil. Thank you very much for your time and answering the 10@10, if you dont already make sure you go follow @andsonuk.
Have a cracking week people and speak again real soon! Peace.