Good Christmas? Feeling plump?
Too much drinking? Wait….That bits not actually a thing is it? 😉
I’m personally not really a fan of New Year celebrations so for me its time to start getting back on track with the day to day denim and what better way than a good old 10@10.
Today’s Blue Blood is Thorben AKA @myself_and_denim.
Based in Germany Thorben has been pushing his denim feed for nearly 300 posts and has managed to attain 10K + in followers which is strong but with pics as inspiring as Thorbens it makes sense.
MEET THE MAN BEHIND THE MENSWEAR
BIO: My name is Thorben, I am 30 years old and I come from northern Germany. I own a house and have a son with my super nice woman who supports me and my hobby. Most of my time I spend with my family. We often go for a walk next to the sea and in the forest.
In addition to my love for raw denim I like to go out with our friends. I especially like cafes or small restaurants. My favorite cities for eating and shopping are, Hamburg, Cologne and Berlin.
NAME: Thorben Reyelt aka @myself_and_denim
LOCATION: Cuxhaven Germany
OCCUPATION: Special Nurse, working with Disabled people
1. So Why Instagram?
The reason is, I am only a part of the great denim community on Instagram, it is great to exchange opinions with others regarding everyday outfits you wear. Another reason is to inspire other people for their own outfits and perhaps also to encourage them to appreciate the nice quality of raw denim and wear them themselves. To my mind, Instagram is simply the best and fastest way to achieve this because images say more than a thousand words.
2. Why Denim, Boots, Workwear, Ruggedness?
I discovered this fashion for myself, maybe because of watching old films where I have seen this old look and hence I was affected by it. I am already wearing Denim for years and by discovering raw-Denim two years ago it turned into fascination. I just love seeing the progress of your clothes, which always tells a story. Furthermore, I just love the workwear of Carhartt, which, to my mind, is the best workwear combined with an amazing style.
3. What are your thoughts on the rise in popularity of “Instafashion” and the community it is creating?
On the one hand, some people overact by presenting themselves and their fashion. Most of it just does not seem natural. This does not concern the denim-Community much which I consider positive.
On the other hand, I think it is a great platform to share nice fashion with others and to receive an immediate Feedback. The Denim-Community is just amazing. Everybody is friendly and you get the feeling of belonging there immediately even if you do not have that many followers or awesome pictures.
4. Top 3 brands to shop and why?
1. My favorite brand is Lee101. The reason for this is simple. I love the style of the jeans and jeans jackets and they fit me best. Price-performance ratio is undefeated and the details are just great.
2. my second favorite brand is 3Sixteen. I especially love my Type3s denim jacket in Shadow Selvedge. I have learned to love the brand as it combines classic yet very modern styles and the quality is just great.
3. Number 3 is Nudie Jeans. I really like the modern style of this brand. The jeans reach a super fade look that is simply great. The price-performance ratio is also just great!
5. Where’s your favourite place to shop these brands?
Unfortunately, we don’t have a good shop here in Cuxhaven. I have to drive longer distances, which I find very unpleasant. Most of my stuff is from the Internet. I like CULTIZM.com, which has good selection of the best denim, boots and accessories brands I know. Otherwise, I like to use the pages of the manufacturers like lee.com and nudiejeans.com which have nice deals every now and then.
6. When did you decide to voice and share your love for your threads on social media?
About a year ago I posted one or two pictures of my clothes and enjoyed popularity. Based on this, I started to renew my account. Since that date, I share my passion with the Community and try to inspire others with my fashion.
7. What’s the secret behind your great images; Who takes them? When are they taken? How do you capture the magic your followers enjoy so much?
This is always hard to say by yourself. The question would be best answered by my followers. I try to post authentic outfits and pictures which I hope will inspire others. I also try to contribute a detailed description of the cloth I wear in my post, so that others have a reference to work with.
Most of my pictures result from trips with my family. My wife usually takes the pictures. Without her support, which I appreciate a lot, I would not be able to pursue this “hobby”.
8. What feeds do you like to follow and check in on? Who should we check out?
I like nearly everything that deals with raw-Denim/ Denim, Boots and leather goods. At the moment, I am mainly interested in the progress of a Jeans and its evolution over time as well as in nice Denim jackets. Moreover, I follow nice pictures and styles of friends.
I recommend @Nico.Mantzke who takes nice pictures and videos as well as @zeinharis @rocket19@andhika_putra_salim @tdenim44 @drjekyll84 @sirjoms @martindenim @ffplaymo @dry_luke@ende_denim or even the big IG like @sel.vage @johanmalik80 @sennah0j @redrawdenim and @andreasbergstrom83.
Those have been quite a lot, I admit, but those are the main persons I follow and where I also get some inspiration from time to time.
9. What tips would you give new starters on Instagram to help them get there feed off the ground and successful?
I think it is most important to find a subject that you are interested in and post authentic pictures. You have to keep trying, it takes some time until people recognise you. Furthermore, it is important to comment pictures and get in touch with the Community. It is the only way to get your own followers.
10. And Lucky Last, You’re going to be stranded on a desert island, you can take 1 outfit (4 items) and 1 drink ONLY with you.
What would they be? Who made them? Why are you taking them?
What would they be? Who made them? And Why?
It is a good but difficult question. Currently, I would take the following items:
1. Jacket: 101 StormRider Jacket 15 Oz. 2Y worn from Conedenim whiteoak, for one reason, it is very solid and keeps warm and is made of Conedenim! It is a pitty that this kind will not exist anylonger in future
2. Denim: NudieJeans Tilted Tor 12.75Oz dry Deep Selvage, a lot of freedom of movement and feels comfortable on the skin, very recommendable
3. Shirt: Custom made by SoSo Closing aus 11,5 Japan Selvage, it is very solid and can withstand harsh conditions easily
4. For my feet certainly my RedWings Iron Ranger 8111, very robust and the right choice for every situation even a desert island
Finally, I would take a @corona beer, it would suit perfectly if I imaging the sunset
As always anouther blue blooded brother executes a killer performance in the 10@10 seat.
Its always a privilege to build a 10@10 with dudes from all around the globe.
Thanks for your time Thorben buddy!
Right, for now i’m shooting off dudes. I have a job list for the Supply Co that needs starting
so i’m going to wish you all a Happy New Year and i’ll catch you on the other side dudes!