Evening Blue Bloods.
Hows the Crimbo Preps going?
Hopefully there aren’t tooooooo many last minute dashes to the god awful
“shit Shops” for the pointless gifts you decide you need to buy in Christmas Eve.
- A Shit Little Diary.
- A Book on a non descriptive sportsman ya dad once mentioned!
- Them Giant bubble blowing machines you buy for ya kids the NEVER work!
I can say all these things because I fall into the same god awful trap year after year!
Luckily this year I’m far too busy at the supply co to get drawn into such shenanigans but trust me this year is a first!
Anyways what we got rocking this eve……?
Ah its Adam AKA @thedenimdaze who recently purchased a Railcar Chore coat from a top notch Denim Store you can visit HERE.
Okay enough of the shameless plugs. seriously onto Adam. Relatively new to the IG denim community Adam is every part the Gene (Pun i know) that is required to ensure the blue blood spirit continues to remain string and grow!
Dudes if you don’t know him already, drop by his Instagram profile right here and give him a follow.
Anyways I love doing this Blogging Shizzle but I’m watching Match of the day at the same time so i think its time I handed this over to Adam which means its time to sit back, Relax, Crack open a beverage (I’m on the Kronenbourg) and listen to the thoughts of bro Adam as @thedenimdaze answers the clobbercalm 10@10.
MEET THE MAN BEHIND THE MENSWEAR
NAME: Adam Brumpton aka @thedenimdaze
LOCATION: Lincoln, United Kingdom
OCCUPATION: Currently working for Her Majesty’s Prison Service
Purely because Instagram is easy and accessible to everyone. I believe that a picture can put your point across in many ways, it gives a true reflection of yourself and your own taste and style. I also use Instagram as there’s a large community of denim lovers so it’s easy to share, interact and like one another’s pictures and profiles.
2. Why Denim, Boots, Workwear, Ruggedness?
When I was 17 I worked in a shop in my local town. I used to love seeing which brands would be delivered each working day. I can remember the owner saying, ” We have a new Swedish brand arriving tomorrow.” That brand was Nudie jeans. It was then when my love affair with how denim ages and changes started. I bought my first pair of dry denims later that week and haven’t taken them off since. I have always paid particular attention to what jeans people have on and where I can buy the brands I love. I’m hoping someday I can fall back into the retail trade, ideally owning my own shop and help advise others on what denims to buy for themselves.
3. What are your thoughts on the rise in popularity of “Instafashion” and the community it is creating?
I’m all for it, I think it’s a great way for people to support, view and buy from up and coming brands. If it wasn’t for Instagram I wouldn’t be buying all the clothes that I love now. “Instafashion” has given me many ideas on what I want next, what jeans I want and it’s the main reason I started my own page. I would spend hours looking at other people’s pages and thought, you know what I’m going to give that a go myself. I’ve also followed brands such as @pandco from just starting out, to how they are going from strength to strength today. I think that the way the world is nowadays social media plays such a pivotal role in people’s day to day lives and being seen/viewed is the key to success.
4. Top 3 brands to shop and why?
That’s a tough one.
1. Nudie Jeans – because that’s where it all started for me. I like pretty much every item that they produce whether it’s tees, shirts or jackets. I think the jeans they make are second to none as I love the fit and denim they use.
2. Benzak Denim Developers – Going back to the previous question, these are a brand I’ve discovered through “Instafashion”. I think the quality of their tshirts is particularly impressive. I love the way they have designed a Tshirt that as it ages looks and fits better. Usually the more you was a Tshirt the more out of shape/faded it becomes.
3. Redwing Heritage – Last but by no means least. I love these boots, they are built to last and they look better and better every time I take them off my feet. They are so comfy once broken in and I love how you can wear them with anything and they just add the finishing touches to your look perfectly.
5. Where’s your favourite place to shop these brands?
With living in a small town there’s not really any places that stock the brands I like. So I do most of my buying on the internet. I have the odd road trip to Birmingham to a shop called the Liquor Store. If people aren’t aware of who they are they should really check them out. They have a great selection of Selvedge denim, Redwings and other rugged garments that I’m sure most of the denim community would love.
6. When did you decide to voice and share your love for your threads on social media?
I only started my page about 6 months ago. I used to sit there at night with my fiance and say to her, “Do you like this? Do you like that?” She then said why don’t you give it a go for yourself. I thought, you know what, sod it and here I am today. However since starting my page my bank account has suffered a major blow but all’s good.
7. What’s the secret behind your great images; Who takes them? When are they taken? How do you capture the magic your followers enjoy so much?
I take most of my shots myself using my IPhone. I simply pick an image I like, turn the brightness up and post it. My partner helps me out if I’m wanting to be included in the image, such as a full length shot. I take most of my images when I’m out walking the dog. I see something and think that’s the spot for my next post. Anyone can do it, it’s that easy.
8. What feeds do you like to follow and check in on? Who should we check out?
My three favourite pages I visit regularly are.
@andreasbegstrom83 – I’ve followed Andreas for a long time. I love his style as I feel he has similar taste to myself. He buys quality items and always looks sharp. The only downside is that he’s a Manchester United fan.
@rawdenim – Again I really like what Micky does with his page. He takes cracking pics and it’s nice to see him back on Instagram after his minor exit.
@lordoftheredwings – Mike and I started our pages around the same time. We chat quite regularly . We like to share and discuss items we’ve recently bought and share a similar passion. Check out his page if you’re not already following him.
9. What tips would you give new starters on Instagram to help them get there feed off the ground and successful?
Don’t be shy would be my main piece of advice. Ask questions and interact with other like minded people. When taking a picture, always use a natural light and don’t try to be something your not. Post brand your passionate about and fits that work for you.
10. And Lucky Last, You’re going to be stranded on a desert island, you can take 1 outfit (4 items) and 1 drink ONLY with you.
What would they be? Who made them? Why are you taking them?
What would they be? Who made them? And Why?
That’s a good question. It would have to be the right blend of comfort and warmth.
1. My Redwing 875s as they can handle anything that’s thrown at them. You need a good pair of shoes that can handle any environment and you only get one set of feet so it’s important to look after them.
2. Nudie Lean Dean Jeans. Again my reasoning is that they would last. They are extremely comfy and are a great fit. They’re not to thick so if it’s gets a little warm out there I’d be nice and cool.
3. My Benzak embroidery Tee. This would be the perfect layering piece. It’s comfy and the quality is superb.
4. Selvedge denim jacket by Pandco. I’d take this purely based on the fact I wouldn’t want to be without it. I love it. It’s my go to piece when I just need to throw something on.
The drink I would take, call it girly or whatever would be Hendricks Gin and Fever Tree Tonic. It’s refreshing and it glides down a treat.
Adam it’s been a pleasure buddy.
And also thanks very much for your custom at CCSC this past week.
So it’s nearly the weekend and very nearly Christmas. No doubt you guys all have. Shit Tonne of stuff to take care of so I shall take up you time no longer!
We are back on Monday with another dose of the 10@10 and if you haven’t already bob over to my feed she see the funky shizzle we are doing on some vintage military jackets!
Stay close people